Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Operation Write Home


Well, here it is - the first batch of cards that I'll be sending to Operation Write Home. Actually I'll be adding some additional cards too but I've had this idea in my mind for awhile now and it's so fun to see them DONE! I used LeeAnn Greff's One Sheet Wonder, which I purchased from her quite a long time ago. She has created templates which you print onto cardstock and then cut and assemble according to her directions. You choose your own colors and embellishments. I obviously chose the Stars and Stripes theme with red, white and blue as my colors. I used ribbons, punches, and stick-on embellishments to add to the Stampin' Up sayings to complete the 10 cards. I also used some SU embossing folders. These cards will be sent to our troops so that they can use them to keep in touch with their loved ones back home. To find out more, check out the website at http://www.operationwritehome.com/. You can also check out LeeAnn's site at
flowerbug.typepad.com/my_weblog/2009/10/one-sheet-wonder.html.

2 comments:

  1. You won't believe this but I just bought and downloaded the one sheet wonder template from her last week! Can't wait to use it... great job on these cards... I'm sure they'll be greatly appreciated by the troops lucky enough to get them... Can't wait to get together... I need to start a list of things we need to talk about so I don't forget anything! ; )

    ReplyDelete