Thursday, July 22, 2010

Bloomin' Beautiful!

Sorry I've been "missing in action" but the key word there is "action"! I have been stamping and creating still but just haven't had a chance to post! However, I hope today's card will make up for some of the long time. It's always so fun when you start out with just an idea and then watch it grow into an actual creation! I don't mean to blow my own horn but I have to say that this one is one of my most favorite cards that I've ever created. It includes so very many techniques and elements. I stamped and colored the 2 flowers, cut them out using the out of the box technique, sponged the edge of the oval, embossed a larger oval, layered them both on top of a background which I used a brayer to emboss the color on. I then turned all this into an easel card. I used ribbon on top of a small strip of coordination c/s, on which I used the Scalloped Edge punch. I stamped the word on another strip of c/s and then used my Scalloped Oval punch to cut it out. I made the strip smaller than the punch to created the flat top and bottom. The finishing touch was the bumblebee, which I stamped, flocked, and used Dazzling Diamonds glitter on the wings before mounting him for his flight! I hope you enjoy this card as much as I enjoyed making it! Have a terrific day and I will try to post again soon!

2 comments: